Report as inappropriate.
This is my 'GameWorld' class. It functions as a base class for any game and simplifies the actual code A LOT.
Look into the scenario folder.
- A simple structure that divides into the actual game and other stuff like a countdown before the game starts, a pause menu or a result after the game ended
- Methods that get automatically called when the game starts, pauses, resumes and ends
- A build-in score system that AUTOMATICALLY saves the highscore of each player and displays it
- Simple automatic checking if a player is still 'alive'
- Prepared to be linked to other worlds for example to use menus
- Better input system
- A build-in pause menu
- A build-in endscreen
- A build-in highscore display
- Animations when changing worlds
- Fully customizable color theme
All this can be freely enabled or disabled to customize your game.
Due to the simplification the actual coding of the game becomes really easy and you can really concentrate onto the game mechanics.
This example is using only GameWorld. Code for the game are exactly 18 (!) lines. The rest is done automatically.
To look at the code, simply press a 'Quit' button.
To use this in your scenario, do the following:
- Download the scenario
- Open the gfar: this will create a folder like a normal scenario wherever the gfar was
- Open that folder and copy the 'rccookie' folder
- Paste the folder in your scenario folder
2019 views / 1445 in the last 7 days
2 votes | 1 in the last 7 days
This scenario is a member of: Reusable classes